Where to find the MAH
The Museum is located in downtown Santa Cruz at
705 Front Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831) 429-1964
Fax: (831) 429-1954
Tuesdays – Sundays: 11am – 5pm, Fridays until 9pm.
Community Festivals on the 1st and 3rd Friday evenings each month.
Closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Closed early at 3pm on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
Limited Hours on New Years: open from 2pm-9pm.
$5 General Admission
$3 Students, Teens and Seniors (65 and older)
Free for Museum members and children under 12
Free admission days are the first Friday of each month
3rd Friday Festival Admission
$5 General Admission
$3 Students (4 and up), Teens and Seniors (65 and older)
Free for Museum members and children under 4
Custom Group Visits
Bring your group to the MAH and enjoy an hour of museum exploration. Work with MAH staff to customize this visit to the needs of your group. $40 for a group up to 32 visitors. Learn more.
School Field Trips
Field Trips are 2 hours long and include an interactive exploration of the museum and a hands-on activity. Maximum of 32 students per tour, $50 per class. No charge for teachers and chaperones.
Field Trips at Evergreen Cemetery are also available for school groups. Tours are 1 1/2 hours long, maximum of 32 students,$50 per class . No charge for teachers and chaperones.
From the North (San Jose Area):
- Take the Ocean Street exit from Highway 17
- Turn right on Water St.
- Turn left on River St.
- The River/Front Street parking garage is to the left.
- The MAH is on the right side of Front St., one block further.
From the North Coast (Half Moon Bay):
- Continue straight from Highway 1
- Turn right on Laurel St.
- Turn left on Front St.
- There will be a parking structure on the corner of Soquel and Front.
- The Museum is just up ahead.
From the South (Monterey area):
- Take Highway 1 north, staying in the left hand lane as you approach the Highway 17 turn off.
- Stay on Highway 1 as it loops around like a fishhook.
- Continue on Highway 1 north.
- Turn left on River Street.
- There will be the River/ Front St. parking garage on your left behind Wells Fargo.
- The Museum is on the right side of Front St., one block further.
There are two parking garages located near the Museum.
The Soquel/Front Parking Garage is located at the corner of Soquel Avenue and Front Street. The lot is paid hourly parking, seven days a week, except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Keep your ticket with you, and pay at one of the Pay-on-Foot stations (located on the ground floor stair towers) or the cashier’s office before returning to your vehicle.
The River/Front Garage is located between River and Front Streets next to the Galleria Office Complex. Permits are required for the second and third level and are limited to people who work or live downtown.
There is disability parking available in both parking garages.
The Museum of Art & History is committed to making its facilities and programs accessible to all visitors.
Museum galleries and entrances are wheelchair accessible. Restrooms are located on each floor and are equipped with handicap stalls.